El Paso County Republican Women
El Paso County Republican Women Bylaws
(apologies in advance for formatting issues)
1.1 The name of this organization shall be El Paso County Republican Women, hereinafter known as EPCRW, an affiliate of the Colorado Federation of Republican Women and the National Federation of Republican Women.
2.1 The objectives of this organization shall be:
A. To foster and encourage loyalty to the Republican Party and to promote its principles
B. To promote an informed membership and electorate through political education and activity.
C. To cooperate in the election of Republican Party in all elections, including non-partisan elections
D. To promote the principles of freedom, equality, and justice on which the government of this country is founded.
E. To increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of government through political involvement.
F. To encourage cooperation between CFRW, NFRW, and the Republican Party Organization.
G. To promote and assist in programs beneficial to the community.
H. To assure the neutrality of EPCRW elected officers whoshall not support nor oppose any candidate in a Republican Primary or intra-party race.
3.1 Classification of Members
A. Active Members
1.Registered Republican women who pay full dues to this club which includes CFRW and NFRW dues,
B. Associate Members
1. Republican women who are Active Members of another club may be Associate Members of this club by payment of only Associate dues to this club;
2. Men who are currently registered Republican may be Associate Members of this club by payment of only Associate dues to this club;
3. Associate members may attend meetings and participate in discussion; Associate Memberscannot introduce motions, vote, serve on committees or boards, be elected to any office, or be counted for purpose of determining a quorum or determining the number of delegates to CFRW and NFRW meetings or conventions. Associate Members are not members of CFRW or NFRW.
3.2 Member Transfer to another Club
A. An active member of a club may transfer her membership to another club by:
1. Sending a notice of transfer to the President of the club she is leaving and a copy of said notice to the President of the club she wishes to join, and;
2. Returning to her current club’s President, by postal delivery return receipt or in person, any property in her possession belonging to the club.
A. Active Members
1. Membership dues shall be payable by January 1. Required CFRW and NFRW per member dues are included.
B. Associate Members
1. Associate Membership dues shall be payable by January 1.
C. Dues become delinquent March 15, and members whose dues are not paid by March 31, automatically forfeit membership in this club.
D. Fiscal year shall be January 1 through December 31 of the same year.
3.4 Automatic Removal from membership
A. Failure to support the party ticket.
B. Publicly supporting a candidate running on an opposition ticket.
C. Working against the expressed objectives of this club, the CFRW, and the NFRW as stated in respective Bylaws.
D. Failure to pay dues.
4.1 Elected Officers
A. The elected officers of EPCRW constitute the Executive Committee and they shall be:
2. First Vice President
3. Second Vice President
4.2 Officer Qualifications:
A. To qualify each officer shall be:
1. A registered Republican
2. An active member of one club in good standing
3. A resident of Colorado for at least one (1) year.
A. Term of Office
1. The term of office shall be for two (2) years or until their successors are elected to assume office.
2. The term shall be from the close of the Annual Meeting (January) of odd numbered years through the Annual Meeting two (2) years hence.
3. No officer shall be eligible to serve more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same office.
4. Officer who has served in excess of 365 days is considered to have served a full term in that Office.
4.4 Nominations and Elections
1. Nominations can come from the Nominating Committee and,
2. From the floor at the regular meeting held in October of the even numbered years or,
3. When necessitated, by a vacancy in office.
1. Elections shall be held at the regular November meeting, or,
2. At the next regular or special meeting in case of vacancy in office.
3. Election shall be by ballot, unless there is only one candidate for an office when election may be by acclamation.
4. The President shall appoint a minimum of three (3) tellers, the first named shall be the Reporting Teller. They shall distribute, collect, count the ballots, and report the count.
5. Majority vote shall elect.
6. The President shall declare the results.
4.5 Duties of President
The President Shall:
A. Carry out the objectives and policies of EPCRW as stated in the Bylaws.
B. Preside over all meetings of the EPCRW, the Board of Directors, and Executive Committee, and any special meetings thereof.
C. Present the annual budget to the Executive Committee at the February Board Meeting for approval. The budget, approved by the Executive Committee, shall be presented to the active members at the February regular meeting for final approval.
D. Appoint the Chairman of all standing and special committees, except the Nominating Committee, and to be ex officio member of all except the Nominating Committee.
E. Ensure the election at the regular meeting held in January of odd numbered years, three (3) members and two (2) alternate members to serve on the Nominating Committee. A plurality vote shall elect.
F. Nominees must be present to accept the nomination or must have given a written consent to the current president.
G. Appoint an auditor, with the approval of the Board of Directors.
H. Represent CFRW at any El Paso County Republican Committee events or appoint a representative if the President should be a member of the El Paso County Republicans by virtue of the EPCR by laws.
I. Refrain from participating in a primary campaign in a manner which could be construed as EPCRW support for any one candidate.
4.6 Duties of First Vice President
The First Vice President Shall:
A. Preside over all meetings of the EPCRW, Board and Executive Committee, and assume the duties of the President in the temporary absence of the President.
B. Be Program Chairman and perform the duties as may be assigned to her by the President.
C. In case of death, resignation, or permanent absence or disability of the President, shall succeed to the office of the President for the unexpired term. The office of First Vice-President shall be declared vacant and shall be filled by election at the next meeting of the club. Would the vacancy occur three (3) months or less from the next Annual Meeting, the office of the First Vice President may remain vacant.
4.7 Duties of Second Vice President
The Second Vice President Shall:
A. Preside over all meetings of the EPCRW, Board and Executive Committee and assume the duties of the President and First Vice-President in their temporary absence.
B. Serve as Membership Chairman, shall be responsible for the preparation of the membership brochure and perform the duties as may be assigned her by the President.
C. Prepare and mail annual membership renewal letter.
D. Work with the Treasurer to notify members whose dues are delinquent by practical means (verbal or written) before the end of February of the same year.
E. In case of death, resignation, or permanent absence or disability of the President and First Vice-President the office of the Second Vice President shall be declared vacant.
4.8 Duties of the Secretary
The Secretary Shall:
A. Record proceedings of all meetings of the club, Board, Executive Committee, and be custodian of all minutes, written reports of officers and committees in
accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.
B. In the event of a vacancy in the position of the Secretary, the President shall appoint a temporary replacement until an election can be held.
Duties of the Treasurer
The Treasurer Shall:
A. Serve on the Membership Committee.
B. Receive and be custodian of all EPCRW monies and deposit them in a bank approved by the Board of Directors. To keep a record of all money transactions.
C. Disbursement of funds:
1. Disburse only upon the receipt of written expense reimbursement vouchers which have been specifically authorized by the President, or the First
Vice President in the absence of the President, within thirty days immediately following receipt of such voucher.
2. Disburse funds for budgeted expenditures which have been specifically approved by the Board of Directors.
3. Secure approval of Board of Directors prior to disbursement of funds for non-budgeted expenditures.
D. EPCRW dues
1. The EPCRW dues shall be set by the Board of Directors and approved by the same; they shall include a per capita service charge for CFRW and for NFRW.
2. NFRW Service Charge is due and payable by January 15 of each year. Make check payable to CFRW.
3. Receive all monies paid for dues and forward an up-to-date roster of Club membership to the Membership Chairman.
4. Send CFRW and NFRW per capita dues to the CFRW Treasurer by January 31 of each year for all members currently paid.
5. Send a second submission of dues received from members after January 31 to the CFRW Treasurer by March 1 and each month thereafter.
E. Work with the 2nd Vice President to notify members whose dues are delinquent by practical means (verbal or written) before the end of February of the same year.
F. Report in full at the Annual Meeting and at regular meetings at the request of the President.
G. In the event of a vacancy in the position of the Treasurer, the President shall appoint a temporary replacement until an election can be held.
4.10 Duties of the Assistant Secretary
The Assistant Secretary Shall:
A. Assist the Secretary in any duties assigned her by the Secretary or at request of the President.
4.11 Transfer of Files
A. All Officers shall deliver all records, files and properties of EPCRW to the newly elected officers within one week of the new Officer's assumption of office.
4.12 Removal of Officers
A. Any elected Officer of the EPCRW may be removed from office for cause at any time by a 2/3 vote of the Board of Directors.
1. A member facing removal shall be notified in writing by a member of the Executive Committee at least ten days prior to the meeting of the Board of Directors.
2. The action of the EPCRW shall be final.
5.1 Regular Meetings
A. The regular meeting held in January shall be the Annual Meeting.
B. The regular meeting of this club shall be held on the third Monday of the month unless otherwise ordered by the Executive Committee. The quorum shall be ten (10) active members.
6.1 Board of Directors Shall:
A. Consist of the elected officers, the Chairmen of the Standing Committees, the club Past-President, the parliamentarian, and two (2) members at-large appointed by the President of EPCRW.
B. Be the governing body of the EPCRW.
C. Have authority to transact any necessary business between meetings of the club.
D. Hold meetings as called at the discretion of the President.
E. Set the annual dues for EPCRW for active and associate members.
6.2 Executive Committee Shall:
A. Consist of the elected officers.
B. Have general supervision of the affairs of the EPCRW between regular meetings.
C. Make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
D. Decide by majority vote of entire committee if sufficient evidence exists to declare a vacancy in an office because of permanent absence or permanent disability.
E. Perform any tasks assigned by the club or the Board of Directors.
F. Hold meetings as called at the discretion of the President.
7.1 Standing Committees Shall:
A. Include, but not be limited to, Membership, Program, Reservations, Historical, and By-laws Committees.
B. Duties of Standing Committee Shall:
1. Be outlined by the Board of Directors.
2. Appoint their committee members and report at the Annual Meeting or as ordered by the President.
3. File copies of any written reports with the Secretary of EPCRW.
7.2 Nominating Committee Shall:
A. Consist of three (3) members and two (2) alternate members elected at the annual meeting in January of odd numbered years.
B. Elect a Chairman from one of its members within one month of its formation.
C. Report one nominee for each office at the regular meeting held in October of even numbered years, after which nominations from the floor shall be allowed.
D. Convene at such time as a vacancy in office has been declared.
E. Report one nominee for that office at the next regular or special meeting of the club, after which nominations from the floor shall be allowed and elections held.
8.1 ROBERT'S RULE OF ORDER NEWLY REVISED shall apply on all questions of procedure not specified in these bylaws and where they are not inconsistent with the bylaws of CFRW and NFRW.
BYLAW AMENDMENTS AND REVISIONS
9.1 These by-laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of members present and voting at any regular meeting of this club, adjoined session thereof, or special meeting called for that purpose, provided the proposed amendment has been submitted previously to the By-laws Committee and notice of the proposed amendment has been given to all members in attendance at a previous meeting or at least ten (10) days prior to the meeting.
10.1 In the event of the dissolution of EPCRW, all records and assets shall be assigned to CFRW. None of the said assets shall revert to any officers or Executive Committee members of EPCRW.
I. NFRW FUND:
A. A special fund may be appropriated for the club delegate to NFRW Convention, if those funds can be made available.
II. MEMBERSHIP SPONSOR FUND:
A. By direction of the Board of Directors, a fund shall be made available for members unable to pay dues because of extenuating circumstances. All action concerning members shall be confidential.
III. INDEBTEDNESS TO CLUB:
A. Failure to pay luncheon obligation.
B. Indebtedness incurred as a result of convention fees paid, except registration, which is paid by club.
IV. NON-EPCRW SALES:
A. There shall be no selling or soliciting of materials at EPCRW meetings unless previously approved by the Board of Directors.
Revised October 2011